Skip to main content

RJ11/RJ45 connection

More
14 years 7 months ago #33659 by Ralph4591
I am looking for an adapter that will take 2 rj11 inputs and put it into a rj45 to send over a cat 6 cable. Trying to reduce the number of jacks needed. The 2 inputs (each 4 wires/2 pair) can go over the cat 6 (8 wire / 4 pair) and we will resplit the signal at the other end. Anyone seen an adapter/connector/coupler like that? Appreciate any help tks
More
14 years 7 months ago #33660 by Nevins
Replied by Nevins on topic Re: RJ11/RJ45 connection
Are you sure a 66 block and a punch down tool won't work? I'm betting you'll save money because those connectors your talking about don't sound cheap.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
14 years 7 months ago #33661 by Ralph4591
Replied by Ralph4591 on topic Re: RJ11/RJ45 connection
It might..
but currently in an office we have a spare RJ45 connection with cat6 wiring. Devices coming in (4 line phone) with 2 rj11 connections coming out. (rj11 1 for lines 1/2 and rj11 2 for lines 3/4). Do not have 2 jacks avail and prefer not to rewire if possible. Just need the signal to go across the cat6 and then we will punch down to the appropriate location for the actual lines 1 thru 4. (4 2-pair lines - basic phone technology).
More
14 years 7 months ago #33662 by Nevins
What your talking about doing is traditionally done with one of those blocks. I honestly don't know of the adapter that your talking about (but I'm sure it exists in some form). But if you really don't want to break open a cable you can use a setup like this:

Or

(The device is called a breakout box and to note you can get breakout cables)

Personally I'm a fan of the 66 block because well over time if you use adapters you end up with a rats nets.

Useful Threads
More
14 years 7 months ago #33668 by Nevins
Did this help?

Useful Threads
More
14 years 7 months ago #33670 by Ralph4591
Replied by Ralph4591 on topic Re: RJ11/RJ45 connection
I think the last picture is exactly what I am looking for. Where did you find that? I have found something similar but not one with the combined line 1/2 and 3/4 connection which is perfect. Thank you very much
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds