Skip to main content

Two Internet leased line config at the same router?

More
15 years 3 months ago #30460 by karthikeyan1982
We already to have the ISP leased line, its 512kpbs is 1:2 dedicated the line still using that internet, One more We planned to take 1 mbps (wimax) is the dedicated the leased line and we have to divide it into two parts.
1) How to configure in the router.
2) Both the connectivity to using at the same based on the (DNS) Ip setting.
Anyone can help to guide configure the router.

--
Thanks and Regards,
KR
mailto: gk.brothers@yahoo.com
More
15 years 3 months ago #30470 by S0lo
Not sure what your trying to do here

We planned to take 1 mbps (wimax) is the dedicated the leased line and we have to divide it into two parts.

Two parts what? can you rephrase your question?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 3 months ago #30582 by karthikeyan1982
two parts mean is like to two internet lease line connection using in the same cisco 2611 router.

i) Serial Interface - 512kbps
ii) Fast Ethernet - 1Mbps

Rgds
Karthikeyan

--
Thanks and Regards,
KR
mailto: gk.brothers@yahoo.com
More
15 years 3 months ago #30623 by S0lo
I as far as I know you can do that with some thing called load balancing. Packets are sent once using the serial interface and once using Fast Ethernet interface in a round robin fashion. So, one packet here, one packet there, and so on.

Basically, you have to define two default routes (instead of one) having the same distance metric. For example,

[code:1]Router(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <ip_of_ISP1>
Router(config)# ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 <ip_of_ISP2>[/code:1]

However, there can be complications. For example, If your 2611 is doing NAT, then this will probably not work because remote servers/hosts will see your connections coming from two different IPs per connection. For a solution, check here: www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/tec...186a0080950834.shtml

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds