Skip to main content

Trouble Configuring ASA 5505 Between Two Networks

More
15 years 4 months ago #30372 by Steve778
I'm hoping someone can help me....I'm trying to configure a Cisco ASA 5505 between two networks and having trouble doing so.

I'm new to cisco firewalls so please excuse any dumb questions.

Ok...basically we've got our main network which we want to connect to a standalone computer on a different ip address & subnet mask. It's not seperated by the internet or anything. What we want to do is connect this standalone computer to our network so we can RDP to this computer but obviously for security reasons we want to limit access between this computer and our network.

What we're trying to do is configure our new ASA 5505 to sit between our network and this computer but we're having difficulty doing so.

So far I've got the firewall configured in a basic router configuration with the inside interface configured to x.x.8.4 and the outside network configured to 10.0.0.1. I've set up basic NAT etc but can't connect to the standalone computer. Can someone please help me? If you require any further info pls let me know.
More
15 years 4 months ago #30411 by S0lo
Can you post the config for the ASA? And on what interface is the computer connected?, It would really help us understand the problem.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds