Skip to main content

Configuring Cisco 2600 w/ static route anyone?

More
15 years 4 months ago #30306 by redst
Hi i've got a csico 2600 router it has been used before and i think it has been setup for static route,but our isp just shutdown and we have to switch to a new isp,now i need to re-configure it but i'm not the one wh configure it before,is it ok if i just change it to dhcp rather than static routing?..and also i'm ot quite familiar w/ this router so i don't know where to begin, i can already access the router using the serial port...any help would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance..pls email me at resti_d@live.com...
More
15 years 4 months ago #30307 by Chris
redst,

What you need to do is fairly simple and we can surely help you out. If you post your configuration, we'll be able to guide you through the changes that need to be done to get this working with your new ISP.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
15 years 4 months ago #30310 by redst
i see,i would try get the configuration settings first,co'z right now i'm having a hardtime getting into the router co'z whenever i type "enable" it ask for password,i already know the password,but somehow it wont show up on the sceen whenever i type it.is there any problem w/ that or do i have to use a program to bypass it.?
More
15 years 4 months ago #30311 by SteveP
It is possible to bypass the passwords and reset them. Check here: www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/...186a0080094675.shtml
More
15 years 4 months ago #30312 by Chris
redst,

You would be delighted to know that we've actually got you covered. Check our Cisco Technical Knowledge Base ( www.firewall.cx/tk-cisco-routers-pwdrecovery.php ) for more information. All articles contain step-by-step instructions and are easy to follow.

Let us know if you have any problems.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
15 years 4 months ago #30315 by redst
thank you so musch guy's for all those help, i'll go ahead and do them so i can setup our connection,thanks again..i'm new to this stuff so bare with me guy's if i'll asking a couple of questions..see you..!
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds