Skip to main content

Site-2-Site Tunnel drops problem.

More
15 years 5 months ago #30132 by timparker
Hello All.

I have my Cisco ASA 5505 in our main office with a a site-2-site to one of our remote offices with a Cisco 871 Router on the other end. Everything works great, but.....

If the tunnel drops due to a time out over the weekend when no one is using it, which is fine. The remote office when they attempt to connect on Monday morning it won't bring the tunnel back on line, but if I just ping a device in the remote office from our Main HQ it comes right back up and everything is great.

I thought that if the tunnel dropped either side should be able to bring it back online? I am guessing I have something configured wrong? There currently isn't a DC in the remote location, they log on locally to their machines and then Remote Desktop into the Main Office. It will have a DC eventually, but licensing/timing are causing some problems with completing that.

Thoughts?

TIA.

Tim
More
15 years 5 months ago #30144 by TheBishop
I don't know muchg about the ASA but what you're describing sounds like you have the ASA set up to raise the tunnel when traffic is detected that needs to go down it to the remote end. That is working, but you need the same thing setting up in your router at the branch end too.
More
15 years 5 months ago #30147 by timparker
hmmmm I thought by default that was the way it worked both ways. I will take a look around for that today....
More
15 years 5 months ago #30149 by timparker
I just took a poke through the router on the remote end and I don't see anywhere to set it to instigate the connection if its down. What command would that be that I would be looking for?
More
More
15 years 4 months ago #30240 by coolboy
Can you clarify the connectivity between ASA and remote router?

According to my knowledge either side of interesting traffic should make the tunnel UP.

Can u share the relevant configuration of ur ASA and remote router? It will help to trouble shoot the issue.

Networking is COOL
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds