Skip to main content

ethernet troubleshooting

More
15 years 10 months ago #28167 by rexa
hello!

can someone explain to me what is "ethernet troubleshooting"? i have to do an assignment about it and i don't have any idea. i already google and it doesn't help much. it make me more confusing.

please help me.
More
15 years 10 months ago #28168 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: ethernet troubleshooting
In the first place what is ethernet? explore the concept of ethernet this you can find in google database.

If you are conversant with the OSI model and DoD model you will agree that ethernet is a physical layer standard which has to do with your cable connectivity. cat5e, CAT7. therefore issues like :

recrimping RJ45 plugs when they are loose
repunching facepate modules
repositioning repeaters in cases of attenuation
replacing open shield cables when damaged
and a host of others are ethernet troubleshooting
More
15 years 10 months ago #28170 by rexa
Replied by rexa on topic Re: ethernet troubleshooting
i read an article on www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/internetworking...ng/guide/tr1904.html about ethernet troubleshooting and i don't really understand.

sose, can you explain to me more about this?
i'm new to networking and really need help from you
More
15 years 10 months ago #28180 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: ethernet troubleshooting
What exactly don't you understand?

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 10 months ago #28181 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: ethernet troubleshooting
rexa

I briefly browse through the document and it is an elucidation of what i did mentioned. It talked about using some basic command in a cisco network to check the status of some cable connection. therefore information obtained from such command will tell you a lot about the status of the connection and hence the antidote. the commands are also similar to other non cisco devices.

If you are beginner, you will find the document a bit advance, there fore have you rounded up your N+ curriculum or have under studied in any cisco facility ?
More
15 years 10 months ago #28196 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic believe in ur self rexa....
Rexa wikipedia has simplified definitions and made the understanding much easier for newbies like thy.. u could also lookup some terms on www.computerhope.com hey u even have a dictionary on this site it should be under the downloads tabs. it's some networking dictionary.

Rexa i live u with this words - "Believe in ur self that u can do it" hey u see Chris the founding father of this site, he had alot of challenges so does every IT pro. But u knw wat he could not have accomplished this big if he never believed he could do it....? FOCUS

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds