Skip to main content

asa 5510 integrate into vlan based network issues

More
15 years 11 months ago #27585 by buzzboy
I’m having issues with setting up an asa5510 and integrate it into our vlan based network.

I have a trunk port to one of the asa’s Ethernet port and on the asa created a number of sub interfaces on that Ethernet .

I have set-up and number of new vlans that are for hosts that sit behind the asa . The vlans have been set on the network so any of our layer 3 switches can have a port set into one of the new vlans and be behind the firewall .

my problem is I cannot ping the sub-interfce on the asa (10.90.2.254) from any host on the network or even a host on the same vlan and subnet.

if I create a vlan interface on the core switch I can then ping it but any host put in that vlan is not behind the firewall and is just doing normal inter-vlan routing .

have I missed something ? can the asa do this ?

Below is how I have set my interfaces .all my interfaces have a security-level of 50 and I have enabled both same-security-traffic permit inter-interface and
same-security-traffic permit intra-interface

!
interface Ethernet0/0
no nameif
no security-level
no ip address
!
interface Ethernet0/0.5
description protected hosts
vlan 90
nameif protected
security-level 50
ip address 10.90.2.254 255.255.255.0
More
15 years 11 months ago #27618 by S0lo

my problem is I cannot ping the sub-interfce on the asa (10.90.2.254) from any host on the network or even a host on the same vlan and subnet.

1. Does this happen only for this sub-interface (Ethernet0/0.5) ? In other words, can you ping other sub-interfaces ?

2. I see vlan 90. Is this a typo? did you mean vlan 9 or vlan 5 ?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds