Skip to main content

ACS at provider site

More
16 years 4 months ago #26167 by WREEDCTD
Hey guys we are a network consulting business for several companies and I need to be able to have a single sign to routers, ASAs, and switches at all my customers sites using my domain account. I would thinking of Cisco Secure. Could this be used over the internet? and 2. is there any other way to accomplish this?

any ideas are welcome.

thanks!
More
16 years 4 months ago #26181 by Elohim
Replied by Elohim on topic Re: ACS at provider site
Single sign on, no.... single password multiple autentication, yes. As long as those devices can reach the TACACS server.

Hey guys we are a network consulting business for several companies and I need to be able to have a single sign to routers, ASAs, and switches at all my customers sites using my domain account. I would thinking of Cisco Secure. Could this be used over the internet? and 2. is there any other way to accomplish this?

any ideas are welcome.

thanks!

More
16 years 4 months ago #26186 by WREEDCTD
Replied by WREEDCTD on topic Re: ACS at provider site
What ports does Cisco Secure use? I would just open my firewall up on those ports and to only accept connections from the outside IPs of my clients. Would this work?
More
16 years 4 months ago #26187 by WREEDCTD
Replied by WREEDCTD on topic Re: ACS at provider site
Each user on my side will have a single sign on to each device using our companies domain credentials, since all the Cisco devices will be using my ACS server.

Will this work? I think it will.
More
16 years 4 months ago #26197 by Elohim
Replied by Elohim on topic Re: ACS at provider site
You cannot authenticate to your domain and think that the authentication token will be passed to every cisco device. Not going to work. Directory enabled networking is a dream. You can have the TACACS server pass authentication to your domain controllers (not sure if this is the correct wording). The TACACS server can be configure to use Windows Active Directory as the user database.

Each user on my side will have a single sign on to each device using our companies domain credentials, since all the Cisco devices will be using my ACS server.

Will this work? I think it will.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds