Skip to main content

Multiple static IPs on outside 5505 interface

More
16 years 7 months ago #25234 by clusterit
Hello all.
Does anybody know how to configure multiple static IPs on an ASA 5505. The device works great with 1 static IP, which I use for nating, but I have 4 additional ones, which I like to utilize.
I was not able to find any infrormation about this on the web or in any books.
Many thanks in adance!
Marc
More
16 years 7 months ago #25238 by skepticals
How are you wanting to utilize the additional IPs? I know you can configure static NAT translations of your outside IPs to inside IPs for specific computers. That's what I did.
More
16 years 6 months ago #25246 by sp1k3tou
How many outside addresses do you have available from your ISP? And do you want the 4 additional connections on the inside to be 4 different devices?
More
16 years 6 months ago #25265 by clusterit

How are you wanting to utilize the additional IPs? I know you can configure static NAT translations of your outside IPs to inside IPs for specific computers. That's what I did.

Greetings skepticals.
I just want to be able to use them with static NATs. For multiple servers behind the firewall inside my network. Do you simply use an access-list and let those additional static IPs in?
Thanks for replying!
More
16 years 6 months ago #25266 by clusterit

How many outside addresses do you have available from your ISP? And do you want the 4 additional connections on the inside to be 4 different devices?

Hello sp1k3tou.
I have all together 5 static IPs availible. The only thing I am trying to achive is to use those IPs. Like 1 for mail, for for web and 1 for a live webcam, etc...
With a router, i used to be able to specify ip address x.x.x.x y.y.y.y SECONDARY - but that feature does not exist on the 5505.
Many thanks for the reply!
More
16 years 6 months ago #25268 by skepticals
If you have multiple outside/public IP addresses, all you should have to do it configure multiple static NATs and then create an access list that allows access to said NATs.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds