Skip to main content

Confustion with Cisco 3750 Switch & Layer 3 ACL's??

More
16 years 9 months ago #24339 by Wizbiscuit
Hi

I am looking at Cisco 3750's, I want to be able to setup ACL's to filter traffic from a port. So say I have a VLAN with two machines on this VLAN, but I want to limit traffic from the first server to only allow say, HTTP traffic from Server 1 to Server 2 and block everything else. Can the 3750 have ACL's that are this tied down?

Now I am assuming that I may be asking too much from the device, so I am wondering what options I have. I have read through the Cisco documentation, but its all a little fluffy.

I hope that makes sense.
More
16 years 9 months ago #24340 by TheBishop
I've never actually tried this, but the documentation says it can be done. Have a look at www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/ca...acl.html#wpxref25516
More
16 years 8 months ago #24516 by Chris
TheBishop is correct, the 3750 is capable of processing ACL's per port.

You simply create your access lists and then apply them to an interface.

Another way to do this is to create multiple vlans, assign the appropriate ports to each vlan, create the access lists and apply them to the VLAN interfaces. This will help you control access between your vlans for all devices connected to the switch.

Keep in mind that the 3750 is a Layer 3 switch, which means it can route packets from one vlan to another without the help of a router!

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds