Skip to main content

help with home Lab

More
17 years 1 month ago #22748 by mosh
help with home Lab was created by mosh
Hi folks am a newbie here and l just started studying for my CCNA .I am currently trying to setup a small lab at home to practice and to gain some experiance. I also want to use the lab to study for the mcsa so far these are the equipments l have

3 - 2501 routers
2 - 12 port 2950 switchs
3- dell laptops with vmware 5 installed on one
4. my broadbad connection is cable with a modem
5. back to back serial cable to stimulate a wan btn 2 of the routers

Are these enough and if they are can you guys help me with the configuration so l can practice all the scenerios expected for the ccna.
More
17 years 1 month ago #22750 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: help with home Lab
As with any lab, it depends which labs you are attempting. I generally change my lab around depending on what I am trying to learn. I would start of reading/studying and then practice hands on when you need to. For instance, if you are learning about switching, you may not need the router unless you need to route VLANs.

It sounds like you have a good start. I assume you have console cables?
More
17 years 1 month ago #22751 by mosh
Replied by mosh on topic Re: help with home Lab
Thanks for the response. I want to setup 2 networks my concern is how to get both networks to have internet access.
More
17 years 1 month ago #22764 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: help with home Lab
If you are just starting out, I would not worry about the Internet connection. My lab does not have internet connection. Connecting to the Internet is not really any different than connecting to another network, unless you need to for some reason.

What is your goal for connecting to the Internet?
More
17 years 1 month ago #22767 by ZiPPy
Replied by ZiPPy on topic Re: help with home Lab
Are you maybe attempting to create/ mimic a WAN connection in your lab?

ZiPPy
More
17 years 1 month ago #22785 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: help with home Lab
Have you tried using the Cisco Labs we have here at Firewall.cx???
They can give you some experience (for free) without having to buy/setup equipment etc. :)
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds