Skip to main content

Ghost Accross VLAN's

More
17 years 2 months ago #22448 by fpd
Ghost Accross VLAN's was created by fpd
Looking for assistance or advice with regards to allowing Ghost images to be taken or restored across VLAN's.

With all systems on VLAN 1 imaging is no problem but with systems moved to separate VLAN's from where the images are stored we are unable to connect.

Problem (I think) is associated with multicast settings and VLAN configured access-lists, but from this it is getting slightly beyond my knowledge.

Any help or advice?? :?: :?:
More
17 years 2 months ago #22453 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Ghost Accross VLAN's
You are saying that you can restore ghost images if you are on the same VLAN as where the images are sotred, but if you are in a different VLAN you cannot?

Do you know of any applied access lists?
More
17 years 2 months ago #22511 by fpd
Replied by fpd on topic Re: Ghost Accross VLAN's
Yes Ghost imaging is across VLAN's. if Ghosting on one VLAN then there is no problems but as soon as the port that the system being Ghosted is changed to a different VLAN, problems arise.

For test purposes I have setup a VLAN with an accesslists to allow access to the server storing images only.

To allow mapped drives across VLAN's normally I use the IP address to resolve rather than system/folder name, with Ghost I have notiiced it doesn't like to use the IP address for mapping it prefer the full name, this is also a problem for me.
More
17 years 2 months ago #22512 by skepticals
Have you been able to get it to work? or are there still issues?
More
17 years 2 months ago #22574 by fpd
Replied by fpd on topic Re: Ghost Accross VLAN's
I am still having problems.

Related to the VLAN problem but needing sorted first is the problem that inorder to map drives across VLANs I need to use the systems IP address that is being mapped to.

But in GHOST prior to the introduction of VLAN's mapping has been done until now using with the server/share name, when I try and use the IP address the mapping isn't made.

This would need to be resolved before looking at original problem with Ghosting across VLAN's.

Hope this is clear enough!!
More
17 years 2 months ago #22575 by skepticals
Sounds good. Let me know what you figure out.
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds