Skip to main content

Assigning a specific IP address for PC through router

More
17 years 6 months ago #20039 by mightygeckoe
I really don't know how to word the subject but hope that the people in here can help to solve this problem.

I have a static IP address assigned to a modem. From that modem I have a wireless linksys router hardwired to a desktop PC. I need for the wireless to assign IP addressess that connect wirelessly BUT need that one specific IP address used by the computer.

There is a program used by the computer that requires that specific IP address for the desktop computer for authentication purposes. How do I configure the router so that the web server on the internet reads the desktop computer as having that IP address.
More
17 years 6 months ago #20040 by Elohim
You don't.. you port forward so that the web server on the internet talking to a port on the router will get the traffic forwarded to the desktop computer. Otherwise, connect your desktop directly to the modem.

I really don't know how to word the subject but hope that the people in here can help to solve this problem.

I have a static IP address assigned to a modem. From that modem I have a wireless linksys router hardwired to a desktop PC. I need for the wireless to assign IP addressess that connect wirelessly BUT need that one specific IP address used by the computer.

There is a program used by the computer that requires that specific IP address for the desktop computer for authentication purposes. How do I configure the router so that the web server on the internet reads the desktop computer as having that IP address.

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds