Skip to main content

Trobleshooting

More
17 years 10 months ago #18064 by virak
Trobleshooting was created by virak
I have a problem install Windows xp

Let me tell you what I have tried

1.I have a bootable CD which is Windos XP. When I set up CDMOS to boot from CD-ROOM. CD-Room did not boot.

2.the second way, I tried to boot a startup disk, Windos 98, from a floppy drive so that I can use Fdisk or Format command to delete, create, or format a partition, but it did not work to me too.
When I deleted and created a partition, it did not show a message to create one or two partitions. After I chose option the number one, which create a primary partition, I saw two partitions, Drive C and D without asking me to creating another drive. It did not show a message "Do you want to create a extented or logical partition?" I tried to do it again many time, but it is still the same as what I told you. Sometimes, I can delete a primary partition, but a extented partition, I can not. It seemed to me that it was strange. Although it did not ask me to create an extented or logical partition, and it showed me two drives, C and D, I decided to format C from A to get system files. It did not work. It showed a message that "disk unusable. Formtat terminated." Another messages showed Error track 0. Ther is no bad sectors... C was not formated. I did not understand the erro message. I still did not know why I can not use a startup disk to formart C drive.

At first, I though that after I formated C, I would copy all files in I386 to C. Then, I would be able to set up Windows, but what I expected did not work due to no formarted drive on C.

3. the last choice, I have to find a software like DM (disk magic) to format C drive, but I still can not use this software to format C drive.

4. Oh, another way, I tried to connect a Hard disk drive to another computer which is working, but I can not take the Hard disk off because this Hard disk was locked, and I did not have a key to unlock. Regarding the computer which is working normally, I did not know how to take off the Hard disk too because it has a lock security. Only a maintanance person know how to unlock it, so the way was not work to me too.

Now, I am thinking to use a parallel cable to connect from a computer to another computer. I am not sure that if a computer has no windows on its' Hard disk drive, and another computer has windows, can I connect from the computer to another computer? Does the computer having windows reconizes the Hard Disk drive of another computer, which has no windows on this Hard Disk drive?

Anyway, do you know another way beside my way to fix my marchine? :(
More
17 years 10 months ago #18068 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Trobleshooting
This is a duplicate post
Please reply here: www.firewall.cx/ftopict-3716.html
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds