Skip to main content

Problem with CAT 5 cabling......

More
17 years 10 months ago #17977 by talk2sp
hey guyz there is a controversy. i was adding network wires in a cyber cafe cos they increased their systems. but after i have finished crimping using the cisco standard it did not work. i used the A color code. and later the B color code still did not work.

i refered back to firewall site under networking then cabling and i recall well dt we are advised not to use different coloring codes. fine. (if we are using A it should be A. and B same applies)

i then checked the cafe well and i realize that the color codes dt were used were not the standard codes. this is what i saw: -
WHITE/BLUE
BLUE
WHITE/GREEN
GREEN
WHITE/BROWN
BROWN
WHITE/ORANGE
ORANGE

now this odd codes were working when u connect to a system. but the standards i used did not work.

i then decided to arrange the color code same way as the odd one but still did not work.

what do i do pls i am in...............

N.B
pls when making a straight tru cable i think both ends are the same asper color codes right.

i need answers

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 10 months ago #17978 by Dove
Hi,

Yes, They are using non-standard colour code in cabling.

I belive the following might be the causes...

#1. Not crimped well. Re-crimp with new JAC
#2. Color order might be wrong in other end. (use the same order in both end. Standard or non standard color code what ever its)
#3. Check the cable whether its having any damage in middle of the cable might be some cable cut will be there.

Dove
More
17 years 10 months ago #17987 by sose
Replied by sose on topic cabling problem
Ur problem is with crimping. get a cable tester or measure the length of all your cables and take them to ur local computer vendor(obinna)
to crimp it for u.

sose
More
17 years 10 months ago #18016 by talk2sp
oboy i fear u ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh sose u wan let every one know who obinna be................

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 10 months ago #18040 by sp1k3tou
What are these pc's connecting to?

Have you tried to plug a cat5 cable into one of the new pc's to see if there configured right?
More
17 years 10 months ago #18041 by monsky
better check your crimping tool. the teeth of your tool must be able to crimp the contact points propertly. or use other crimp tool.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds