Skip to main content

Spanning Tree Problem

More
18 years 2 months ago #15465 by RCInspector
I am having a problem with spanning tree on my network. The network consists of two gigabit ethernet rings with cisco 2950 switches connected to a cisco 3550 switch for aggregation. There are three vlans configured on the switches. Spanning tree is blocking a port on the farthest switch in the ring so as not to create a loop condition and providing redundancy. However, I have been having ports on other switches in the ring going into error-disable and the log message is "loopguard is blocking port
gig-x on vlan x , the spanning tree message age timer expired and no bpdu's were recieved from the designated bridge". Sometimes this will happen on a couple gigabit ports at the same time dropping several nodes on the ring simultaniously. Why are these ports not recieving Bpdu's before the timer expires? This happens about once a week or so.
More
18 years 2 months ago #15474 by surresh
Replied by surresh on topic Re: Spanning Tree Problem
Create ether-channel for those uplink ports, then it will provide you the redundancy and load-balancing from both the ports and no spanning tree problem will occur.
If u feel this solved your problem please reply me.

Suresh
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds