Skip to main content

Upgrde to PDM 3.04

More
18 years 5 months ago #14175 by edgarg316
Upgrde to PDM 3.04 was created by edgarg316
I'm trying to upgrade my Pix 515e, ver 6.3.1, to PDM 3.04. According to Cisco I need the DES activation key and the 3.0.4 software. I have the activation key, however, when I try to upload the PDM software, I get an error message "Not a PDM file" then deletes the partial loaded file. Cisco recommended to use a different TFTP software. I did and I'm still getting the same error message.

Any help is welcome.
More
18 years 5 months ago #14177 by d_jabsd
Replied by d_jabsd on topic Re: Upgrde to PDM 3.04
I may be wrong, but I would imagine that the PDM would need the PixOS that was released with the PDM, PixOS 6.3.5.

I have never heard of anyone upgrading the PDM without upgrading the OS, and best practice is upgrade OS first, then the PDM.

PixOS 6.3.1 had some issues so it is in your best interest to move to 6.3.5.
More
18 years 5 months ago #14225 by edgarg316
Replied by edgarg316 on topic Re: Upgrde to PDM 3.04
I found out that the pix had a filter for active x and java applets. Everytime I downloaded the PDM software the pix strip down the java component. I removed the filters and downloaded a fresh copy of the PDM software. This solved the problem. But I think you are right is always safe to upgrade to code 6.3.5.
More
18 years 2 months ago #15644 by Reader_X
Replied by Reader_X on topic Re: Upgrde to PDM 3.04
Cisco says PDM 3.0(4) will run on all versions of PIX 6.3. I have it running on a PIX 6.3(1) internal PIX, so, no worries. Of course it is a good idea to run the latest versions.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds