Skip to main content

connecting our servercomputer

More
18 years 5 months ago #14173 by digi
hélo!
how can we, with our homecomputer, pass the firewall in our cisco 800 adslrouter in order to login our servercomputer, wich is connected in our LAN?

looking forward...
digi
More
18 years 5 months ago #14187 by DaLight
Do you have management access to the router?
More
18 years 5 months ago #14292 by digi
Replied by digi on topic connecting our servercomputer
acces is constandly refused!

nobody here at school knows anything about passwords, manuals, contracts a.s.o!

I downloaded a manual that said to type http://10.10.10.1, but it didn't work!

I installed Hamachi and tried it at home, I can see the server, but the led stays yellow, after having blinked green for some seconds.

I could phone the helpdesk of the provider, but 'm still wondering whether there's a way to break in the configuration!

any suggestions?
bfn,
digi
More
18 years 5 months ago #14293 by DaLight
Looks like your router is managed by your ISP. You will need to get them to make any changes.
More
18 years 5 months ago #14295 by jwj
In the case that it may not be managed by your ISP (check first!) you can find the IP address of the 800 router by using either the command "ipconfig" (windows) or "ifconfig" (*nix). It will list a default gateway address, this will be the IP address of the router. Now, unless you know the password to the router, trying to telnet to it will be useless. Also, if a password isn't set on the router, you will not be able to log in through telnet. So, try to console into the router. There is a way to bypass the password on Cisco devices, but before you go that route, check with your provider to absolutely make sure it's not their's.

Also, be a little more specific about how you want to access this server. Do you need ssh, terminal services, vpn, etc.?

-Jeremy-
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds