Skip to main content

Home Network - Two WAN Connection, How do I route Traffic

More
18 years 7 months ago #12816 by snowman156
Hello

I recently added a second internet connectiont to my home network so I currently have:

1) One cable modem attached to my Sonicwall TZ150 with two machines connected to the TZ150. I have a static WAN IP and a subnet of 192.168.56.xxx/255.255.255.0. .

2) One DSL bridge connected to my Netgear FVS318v3 with a static WAN IP and a subnet of 192.168.55.xxx/255.255.255.0. One box is connected to the FVS318v3 and this is my dedicated download machine.

I added the second DSL connection so that the one box I have at home that I do all of my downloading on does not tie up my bandwidth so I can remote into my main boxs with no bandwidth issues.

My main pc has two ethernet connections: One is connected to the TZ150 and the other is connection to the FVS318. This setup was working perfectly so I network drives between the two subnets and transfer files and remote between the two subnets seamlessly from my main machine.

Initially, when I would access the internet on the TZ150 subnet, 192.168.56.xxx it would route the traffice through the faster cable connection on the TZ150 which is what I want. However, a couple of days ago I noticed that all of the outgoing internet traffic was routing through the FVS318 which has a slower connection because of the contant downloading (mostly linux iso's via bittorent). How do I set it up so that all outgoing traffice from my main box with the two ethernet connections always goes through the TZ150 and not the secondary connection to the FVS318? When I disable the FVS318 connection, my main box routes through the TZ150, no problem. When I disable the TZ150 all of the outgoing traffice routers through the FVS318, no problem. With both ethernet connections enabled, how do I make sure the traffic routes through the TZ150?

Any help would be appreciated. One thing I did try was a site to site VPN between the two firewalls but the connection was absurdly slow.
More
18 years 7 months ago #12908 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Internet
It soundls like your default gateway on the PC might have changed somehow. Can you bring up a command propmt and do ipconfig /all then post the results here?
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds