Skip to main content

Quicc Ethernet Type

More
18 years 8 months ago #12698 by amentes
Quicc Ethernet Type was created by amentes
hi ,
May be you can help me?
I have a cisco 1601 R router.
when i display ethernet interface i see hardware type as Quicc Ethernet with a special mac address.
And when i connect xp client to ethernet the link doesnt come up.
Can It be because of this ethernet type? Can i change it to regular ethernet ?
Or what can be the reason?

Thnaks
More
18 years 8 months ago #12702 by havohej
Replied by havohej on topic Re: Quicc Ethernet Type
First, did your chek if you are using the correct cable?? (crossover or straighthorugh), then chek if the cable you are using is ok (cable tester), then if the interface is not shutdown?

I have also some 1601s in production but cheking them it doesn't matter the behave of the interface.

Maybe if it was configured erase the nvram, and reload and try configuring again, sometimes it helps!

salute!
More
18 years 7 months ago #13199 by d_jabsd
Replied by d_jabsd on topic Re: Quicc Ethernet Type

hi ,
May be you can help me?
I have a cisco 1601 R router.
when i display ethernet interface i see hardware type as Quicc Ethernet with a special mac address.
And when i connect xp client to ethernet the link doesnt come up.
Can It be because of this ethernet type? Can i change it to regular ethernet ?
Or what can be the reason?

Thnaks

Quicc is just the chipset name. It can't be set or changed.

Check your cable type and speed/duplex settings. Always set speed to and duplex to auto if you are having problems getting a link and you know the cable is working properly. Once you get a link, then you can start adjusting the speed and duplex to suit your needs - just don't forget that both sides have to be the same and it doesn't always work (eg: Motorola Canopy devices will auto-negotiate to 100/Full but will not link up if you lock the router/switch to 100/Full and will slow throughput if directly connected to a PC locked at 100/Full)
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds