Skip to main content

Please Help: Cisco 877W installation

More
18 years 10 months ago #11065 by pd100
Having had a Netgear router which was easy to install, I'm having terrible problems with my new Cisco 877W router. Having gone through the process, the computer and router just won't communicate with each other. I've only now come back online with the Netgear router. The place I bought the router from want to charge me a fortune to help with set-up.

Would some kindly soul help, please?

Main problems:

1. ipconfigure /renew won't work;
2. I'm not sure of every single setting in the start-up wizard, but this wizard won't even start when I put the disk in at the moment.

Thanks - and best wishes from London.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11070 by DaLight
Have you tried configuring your Cisco router using a wired connection as opposed to a wireless one?
More
18 years 10 months ago #11087 by pd100
i am using wired to configure.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11088 by RedRanger
If you don't know whats wrong, get a network administrator. If your a CCNA, console into the motha!

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 10 months ago #11099 by DaLight
A couple of things to try out.

You said in your first post that you tried the "ipconfigure" command. The command is actually "ipconfig".

pd100, I don't want to make any assumptions about your knowledge of networking so don't be ofended if some of the instructions appear trivial.
[code:1]Run the "ipconfig /all" command while connected to first the Netgear and then the Cisco.[/code:1]

Before you run the command each time, make your PC is turned off before being connected to the router which should be on. Then turn on your PC and run the above command. Then copy and paste the results for both routers.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds