Skip to main content

having some trouble with IE when export web page

More
19 years 3 months ago #8857 by liyong583
Hell All

I have a trouble when i export a web page from IE,When i export the web page ,don't display the save dialogue box,but display the Microsoft Word.What should i do?I want to display the save dialogure box.

Best Regards
Thanks
More
19 years 2 months ago #9196 by DaLight
Do you mean when you select the File/Save As... option, that Word comes up automatically? If this is the case, it seems like some third party software or ActiveX control has been installed which traps the "Save As" Menu command. What versions of IE and Word do you run?
More
19 years 2 months ago #9201 by The_Berzerker
Here's a good suggestion: try firefox :)
Does this happen when you select save as (as dalight has asked)??
Cheers
More
19 years 1 month ago #9635 by liyong583
Replied by liyong583 on topic What is the question?
There are some software in my computer as the below:
IE: IE6.0
MS Office:Microsoftware Office 2000

by the way:
It is ok if i used the firefox

Where is the question?
More
19 years 1 month ago #9638 by DaLight
If it works OK with firefox, then I think some third party software or ActiveX control has been installed which traps the "Save As" Menu command when you're using IE.
More
19 years 1 month ago #9674 by drizzle
I have also had a lot of trouble saving web pages... sometimes parts of the page won't download properly or can't be displayed once saved locally. I find that the best way, if I am trying to archive pages, is to use PDF Creator.
sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
It installs a virtual printer on your windows box that allows you to select a PDF Printer. Just print the webpage to a pdf and it preserves everything just as the day you saw it. Plus, it works in everything... IE, Firefox, Openoffice.org, MS Office... Basically any program that can print, can use this printer to make PDF's. It is still a work in progress but the software is invaluable.

Drew
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds