Skip to main content

Advice on firewall hardware

More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9737 by sma101
hi
i need advice on firewall hardware, like we have small office of 15 users and we have HP Proliant 350 server and we have a terminal server too. Now my wants to have control people downloading music files.... KAZAA on the job HEHEHEHEHE so he wants to have control on people using internet, Chatting.......
so therefore advice which firewall hardware to buy which is cheap (inexpensive) and have the above feature. so my company donot need a large, expensive firewall just a inexpensive or near to it
so please help.......
take care
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9743 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Interesting
Well i guess you can configure your server to limit the file sizes the files employees are downloading. Also i think you can restrict certain file types. Also you can probably chat monitoring software.

I'll look up more informative info for ya.

Lindows
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9746 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: Advice on firewall hardware
A cheap solution would to get a small router like linksys that has a firewall included. Good bang for the buck, and maybe your current set-up already has one. If so, then it may cost nothing.

-Jeremy-
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #9802 by sma101
hi,
like we have already have a US ROBOTICS router, but we were attacked by viruses... so i need a small firewall which give control to block user fron downloading music ......
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #9806 by sma101
hi
i am really i couldnot express what i wanted like a list of firewall hardware so i can select which one to buy for a small business network.....
OR some one can advice me with firewall hardware to buy for a company with 15 to 20 users which has a HP server Router US Robotics, switch, and terminal server. Finally we have symantec anti virus... but recently we attacked by virus and secondly we want to restrict user from downloading music, movies, games.......

thanks in advance for all the help
take care
More
19 years 3 weeks ago #9845 by DaLight
If a low cost router/firewall solution does not work because of the limited content control capabilities, you may want to try a free linux-based dedicated firewall solution like IPCOP ( www.ipcop.org ). It will run on relatively modest PC hardware so you can use any old Pentium PCs you may have lying around.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds