Skip to main content

Reg: Clientless VPN

More
18 years 9 months ago #12145 by Benny
Reg: Clientless VPN was created by Benny
I just came to know about clientlesss VPN recently? What is that and how it differs from Normal VPN Client.

Regards
Benny
More
18 years 9 months ago #12153 by tiamat
Replied by tiamat on topic Re: Reg: Clientless VPN
clientless VPN is a method that allows people to establish VPNs (typically these are remote access VPNs) without needing to load a fat client software, such as Cisco's VPN client, or Checkpoint's SecuRemote. Usually it's web browser based - the user browses to a particular webiste, and from there they are able to establish an SSL tunnel to the other VPN endpoint.
More
18 years 9 months ago #12163 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Reg: Clientless VPN
Interesting, I'd never heard of the term "clientless VPN" before although I was aware of SSL VPNs which could be accessed via Web browsers. I just didn't make the link.
More
18 years 9 months ago #12164 by tiamat
Replied by tiamat on topic Re: Reg: Clientless VPN
yeah, it's not really anything new, but the term for it might be. We use Checkpoint's SNX (SSL Network eXtender) for work, and it's pretty slick. Web browse to a site, put in your credentials, and go anywhere on the corporate VPN - makes access and troubleshooting very easy since nearly every firewall allows outbound HTTP. The one gotcha with SNX is that it needs to install an ActiveX control on the PC (which you can also setup to have it uninstall itself upon disconnect) and if you happen to be using a corporate laptop that has been locked down to where a normal user is not allowed to install software it won't work. But, it's still easier than having someone download a 5-10mb client, install, configure...etc...
More
18 years 9 months ago #12166 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Reg: Clientless VPN
Nice ...
More
18 years 9 months ago #12171 by Benny
Replied by Benny on topic Re: Reg: Clientless VPN
Is this VPN can be only used via browsers such as accessing ur corporate mail from the public network. Is remote desktop is possible through this tunnel.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds