Skip to main content

Cisco Pix 501 / 50 User. ( need software )

More
18 years 10 months ago #11182 by PoisonIvy
I work at a company that has downsized considerably in the last few years. While going through a wiring closet from a division of our company that has been sold I discovered a Pix 501 that is not currently in use. I contacted Cisco and they informed me that the unit ( serial number ) that I specified was out of warranty. My question is where can I get the software ( and blue interface cable ) so that I may put this device to work again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11183 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Cable
I can't help you with the software but the blue cables are commonplace. What part of the world are you in?
More
18 years 10 months ago #11184 by PoisonIvy
I live in Wilmington De. 19808
More
18 years 10 months ago #11185 by PoisonIvy
Replied by PoisonIvy on topic Blue Cables
Im sorry. Wilmington De. is in the US a little bit south of the City of Philadelphia.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11186 by jwj
Have you checked to see that you can download the software with your CCO account (I presume you have one)? You could only do this if you have any PIX under a service contract, though.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 10 months ago #11189 by PoisonIvy
Replied by PoisonIvy on topic Pix 501 Software
I checked with Cisco by calling them up and giving them the serial # of the 501. All they would tell me is that it was no-longer under warranty and that it is a 50 user license. The box may have been purchased through a 3rd party vendor, that will be difficult to track down at this point. Is the Pix Device Manager software available any other way?
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds